Monday, February 27, 2017

The Retaining Walls are FINALLY Finished


We signed a contract in July. Made a down payment in August. The walls along with the railings were finally finished last Friday. Only seven months to get this done.

Do they look great? Yes they certainly do. In fact I'd say they looking amazing. A friend came over last weekend and said he barely recognized the front at all. He thought they looked great. Everyone I've shown pictures to has said the same thing.

I'm glad they are finally done. Hopefully they will last for years and years and years. Because I sure as hell don't want to go through something like this again.

A series on constant delays. I know this was not the builder's fault. What was the builder's fault was the inability to let us know what was going on. I'd asked on several occasions when they were going to start working on the walls. Never got any sort of answer at all. Then all of a sudden they were working on them.

The final straw was breaking the gas line. It was clearly marked where it was. I will admit it seemed to be rather shallow but still you don't break the line. That might have been fine if there had been some acknowledgment of what has happened. I'm pretty sure the builder was down the block talking to his men when the gas company was on hand and I was standing outside my house. But could he come over and see how I was doing? No. Was there an email apologizing for what had happened? No. There was essentially no response to it at all.

As I said the walls look great but I would never hire these guys again.



No comments: