Wednesday, January 11, 2017

My Computer is Old and Slow and I'm Ready to Smash It to Bits

I know that's not the right attitude to have but is exactly how I feel.

Essentially anything that I try on my computer I get the beach ball of death. On a Mac when the computer hangs up you get a small multi-color circle which I refer to as a beach ball. And when it stays on the screen for a long period of time (which is now an almost constant experience) I call it the beach ball of death.

If I'm doing just one thing and as long as it is extremely simple (like making a blog post), it will work fine. But attempt to do anything complicated and it grinds to a halt. I know what I need to do is get a new one. But right now that is not financially feasible.

There are times I get so frustrated waiting for it to work I literally yell at the thing. Then there are times that I have to walk away. I often say what I want to do is rip the cables off the damn thing. Take in outside and throw it on the sidewalk. Then take a hammer and smash it to bits. So when I get so made that I'm literally spitting at it because I've gotten so made at it, I step away. Because some day I might just get so mad I really do what I just described.

I'm hoping when the job situation settles down some and I get my income tax return a new computer will show up on my desk.

Until then I'll just be screaming and spitting at it and walking away before I smash the *&^%$#* to bits.

No comments: