Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Morning Measure of Snow

This gives you an idea of just how much has fallen


I had a little problem figuring out exactly where the step was so I took another measurement of the snow total. This is from the concrete slab at the bottom of the stairs. Again in both cases I was guessing where things were. The interesting thing is that the second measurement was higher than the first.

The measure on the stairs is 13 inches. The measure from what I'll call the sidewalk is just about 15 inches. It means for the next measurement I'll have to find something else to use.

From watching the news this morning, there is still at least six hours to go until this starts to be over.

The look out my front door. I have a feeling I won't be getting the paper today



The total from the steps. Just about 13 inches. That means over night 6.5 inches fell at the rate of an inch an hour!


The "sidewalk" measurement. The ruler is 15 inches and it is just about swallowed up by the snow.

No comments: