Monday, November 09, 2015

Planning the Trip Up

Me a couple of blocks from Times Square

The plan was to go up early and go to half price tickets and see what was up there. As we discussed what we wanted to see, I said I wanted to see Allegiance.

It's the show that George Takei has been trying to get to Broadway for a number of years. The show is based on the story of the relocation of Japanese Americans into internment camps during World War II. We'd be seeing it the day before it opens.

The show had been up on half price tickets since previews began in October. Diane talked about what else we would see at Food and Friends on Thursday. She asked about getting tickets for Allegiance in advance. I said it has been up and checked. I'm so glad she said something. Turns out it wasn't up there any more. I said I think we'd still get half price tickets.

I got home from volunteering and did a little more investigating on tickets. Turns out there were not many left. I went through Broadway Box and got discount tickets for the Saturday matinee. I looked for Saturday night but there weren't two seats together.

It turns out seeing Allegiance first worked out for the best. More on that later.

A few shots of Times Square.


I think some new video game is coming out in a week or so.


The always busy Times Square

The ball for New Year's Eve

No comments: