Sunday, September 27, 2015

Another Tough Loss Friday Night for the Nats — Zimmermann's Last Game?

Zimmermann on the mound last year for his no-hitter

In what I hoped would be a fitting send off to Jordan Zimmermann's (in all likelihood his last game as a Nat), turned out like the season the Nats have been having. The Phillies ended up wining by 8-2.

This sums up what happened in the game. From the Post:
The Phillies trailed 1-0 when Altherr hit a low liner to center with the bases loaded. Taylor attempted a diving catch but missed, and the ball rolled toward the center field fence.

“In that situation, you better catch the ball, and I wouldn’t have gone for it if I didn’t think I could,” Taylor said. “Still a bad play once I miss it.”

As left fielder Jayson Werth retrieved the ball, the bases cleared and Altherr raced all the way around, sliding home to complete the grand slam.
A sad way to end a great career as a Nat and one of my favorite pictures. I'd hoped we'd be able to give him one last ovation to send him on his way.

But I'm not going to dwell on that instead I'm going to remember his best game. The no-hitter from last year.






No comments: