Thursday, May 21, 2015

What a Game Last Night — Nats Win 3-2

Just a quick post about the game. Wow it was amazing. Two solo shots from Desmond and Moore. Then all sorts of fireworks at home plate in the bottom of the third. Bryce Harper and Manager Matt Williams were ejected from the game.

Here's what Harper had to say about it afterwards:
“I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump tonight,” added Harper, after his fifth career ejection. “Plain and simple. Especially when we’re playing the Yankees. The Yankees are a good team, we’re a good team and we’re rolling. I don’t want to get tossed. There’s no reason for me to get tossed in that situation. I don’t think I did anything bad to get tossed. Maybe he just had a bad morning or he didn’t get his coffee.”

This is one of a few times I've been to a game where a player and a manager were ejected. And this seems rather suspect. I don't think the home plate umpire was calling strikes all that well. I saw the replay when I got home and it sure did look like a ball to me. But the expanded strike zone did, I think at least, helped the Nats win the game.

More on that and pictures to come.

No comments: