Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Doug Fister was the Pitcher

I have to say I am so impressed with Doug Fister. I thought for a minute we were going to get another Dan Haren (he started out so badly but did finally settle down but a little to late).

Fister had a really bad first start and I thought oh no. But wow he has come on like gang buster. And when he takes the mound his goal it to get the ball across the plate as fast as possible. He is amazing. He's also 6'8" so he towers over people.

One of the most impressive things I've seen him do while I was at a game was cover first base. He literally did the splits while going for the ball. I don't even remember if the runner was out or not. When I saw the replay when I got home I was even more impressed.

Here's more from the Post:

Over the past three-plus months, Fister has displayed the traits that made him one of the most consistent and underrated starters in baseball in recent years. Although his season didn’t start until May, he is tied for the team lead in wins (11) and has the best ERA (2.49) in the rotation. The Nationals are 12-4 in games he has started.

I think he and Jordan Zimmermann are my favorite Nat pitchers. They just never seem to get rattled no matter what happens in the game.

Here's Fister on the mound.

Wilson Ramos and Doug Fister head to the dugout from the bull pen.



Fister winding up for the pitch


Notice how intense Anthony Rendon is in these three shots.


No comments: