Thursday, March 07, 2013

An Epic Fail From Megabus

When I arrived in New York this morning, I got an email saying my bus back to DC had been cancelled. I called the number given to me in the email. After waiting on hold for over 15 minutes. I got someone and they said that the bus was a go. It had not been cancelled.

I called back between shows and was told again the bus was a go. I also used their app and it said the bus was on time.

I show up at the stop no bus. Call the number again and again am told that the bus will come. This is with less than 10 minutes before we are supposed to leave. There were about a dozen people waiting around at the stop. No one from Megabus is there to say the bus had been cancelled.

One of the people waiting for the bus has a friend who works for Megabus. She calls them and is told Megabus is done for the night.

I'm taking the train back. I could get really upset about it but seeing Phantom and Mamma Mia were just wonderful. So I'm not going to let it upset me. But Megabus will probably be getting a less than nice call from me later today. Maybe tomorrow since I'm seeing Elaine Paige tonight.

What a strange and yet amazingly wonder couple of days. Oh I got to see the Harry Potter exhibit too!

No comments: