Wednesday, June 01, 2011

The Playful Squirrel

I get done with training and my shower around 7:45.am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That leaves about 45 minutes before I have to go into work. I usually walk to a park near work and sit on a bench and read a book or magazine.

This one day I happened to notice a squirrel by one of the trees. He was looking for food. But then he would stop and suddenly jump in the air and race around. If you have a cat you know what this looks like. The squirrel was playing. He would jump in the air, then run around, then he would roll around in the grass. He had a very fluffy and long tail so when he was rolling around in the grass all you could see was the tail. He would play for several minutes, and then, as if he remembering what he was originally doing, go back to looking for food. But this wouldn’t last very long. He would again leap up into the air and start his play all over again.

I watched him play for a good 15 minutes. Finally he moved to another part of the park. A little later I started to walk to work. As I was walking out of the park, out of the corner of my eye I saw a leaping squirrel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see them do it all the time usually in the morning they grab a stick and jump and twirl and roll around its funny to watch good entertainment.