Sunday, March 06, 2011

40,000 Steps

There's a program through my insurance where people have signed up to try and walk 10,000 steps a day. People participating in the program have been given a pedometer and are supposed to record their steps for the next month.

I've been doing pretty good. A couple of days I got in 20,000 steps. I wondered what it would be like to try and walk 40,000 steps in one day. 40,000 steps is about 20 miles give or take a few feet one way or another.

The more I thought about it the more I thought I'd try and do it. I picked Saturday because it was supposed to be the better of the two days this weekend.

I started out early. I got out for a walk around my neighborhood at around 6 in the morning. I came back in and had breakfast and went off to a class at my gym. I got off at Metro Center and walked to the gym. After the class I went up for a hair cut at the Hair Cuttery which is in DuPont Circle.

The rest of my route is in the following entries.

The last entry shows how far I got on Saturday and if I made the 40,000 steps.

No comments: