Sunday, February 06, 2011

Sam is Ailing








































Sam is very ill. Over the last week or so he hasn't had much of an appetite. I tried switching up foods which seemed to work for a little while. I originally had an appointment with the vet on Saturday. I moved it to Thursday morning figuring sooner was better.

He stayed at the vet for the day. Turns out he had a large amount of fluid in one of his lungs. The upshot being I took him for a sonogram at Southpaws on Saturday. That showed more fluid in his abdominal cavity.

The results of the test will be forwarded to my vet. I'll talk to her on Monday. Looks like the next thing is to send him to a cardiologist for another test.

But the main thing he is still not eating very much. I've tried just about everything I can think of but he just doesn't seem to be interested. I got him some dried food and he eat a little of that last night and a very little this morning.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but this doesn't look good.

4 comments:

Serena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Serena said...

:( I'm very sorry your kitty is so sick. It's so hard, especially since they can't really tell us what they are feeling. I hope he makes a turn for the better!

Jason in DC said...

Thanks so much.

You are right the hard thing is not being able to figure out what is really wrong.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Arthur Schenck said...

Sending you good thoughts for Sam!