Friday, January 07, 2011

Reaction to Metro Bag Search Post

I got a big reaction to my post on Metro starting its bag searches.

I got a comment to the original Post. I was very pleased about it because I don’t get many comments. I looked at the guys profile and went to his blog. Well it was interesting. At the time Don’t Ask Don’t Tell had just been repealed. To say he wasn’t happy with that would be an understatement. The rest of the site was equally conservative. I decided not to respond to the comment.

Then last night I was checking my stats on Statcounter. I noticed that the Metro entry was still getting a lot of hits. I wondered if these people were doing a search on the subject or coming from another site. I went to the Coming From tab and found a great many people coming from one particular site.

I clicked on the link to it. What I found was that this site had taken my entire post and posted it on their site. They in no way tried to pass it off as their own. Their post clearly indicated that it had come from my blog. I thought well that’s interesting.

Then I started to look at the site. How does one best describe it? I can sum it up this way: this site makes most of the Tea Party people look like liberals. As the saying goes politics makes strange bedfellows; I guess blogging can be added to it as well.

No comments: