Tuesday, November 16, 2010

2010 Ambassador Shield Rugby Match

2010 Ambassador Shield Rugby Match was held on Sunday at Trinity University. I saw the main match between the Ambassador's and the US Combined Services team. The Ambassador team is from New Zealand. I have to say I really enjoyed watching the match. Rugby is a great game. I also have to say I didn't know a great deal of what was going on. But the way the New Zealand lateraled the ball was just amazing to see. The weather was nothing less than perfect (something that's been rare in DC this year.)























Seems you're never too young to start playing rugby.














Here's the US Combined Services team. They lost to the New Zealand team 44-24.






















They had meat pies. These are soooo good. I had chicken curry.








This is the Haka. The Haka is a Māori traditional dance performed immediately prior to sport matches. It is primarily associated with New Zealand national rugby union team.

1 comment:

MokoISM - photo albums said...

that is my little girl carrying the ball. seems she is on a mission! I'm so tickled to stumble upon this photo. thank you - Sarah (NYC)