Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bat in the Bedroom

I had a visitor last night but he didn't stay. I came home from having dinner with a friend in Georgetown. Went up stairs to my bedroom. Turned on the light put my phone on my dresser. I then notice something flying in the room. On closer investigation it turned out to be a bat. Needless to say I did not stay in the room for long.

I called animal control. About an hour later a guy came out. Took him less than 5 minutes and he was out with the bat. He put it in a tupperware like container with breathing holes. He said they'd test it for rabies just in case. I asked how he thought it got in. He wasn't sure. He said this was the season for them to get into houses.

I think he got in from the attic. After all the rain, I'd gone up and looked in the attic. The hatch wasn't put completely back into place and I think that's how he got in. Hopefully that's all that will be showing up.

Tonight so far so good.

No comments: