Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Odds and Ends

I like candy
I noticed this the day after Valentine’s day when I was in a couple of stores. I will admit it I was looking for half priced candy. All of the Valentine’s Day candy and cards as well had all been moved out. Whole shelves had been opened up. I was looking around and wondering what they were going to be putting in all this space. I looked around a little more and saw that there were boxes of Easter candy ready to go.

It reminds me of a story my dad told us once. He was working at Ace Hardware. We were all home for Christmas. He came home at the end of his day and told how he help unload the Valentine’s Day candy. It was still 7 weeks away!

Great GW basketbal game

Since the washer came so early on Saturday, I was able to get to the GW women’s game on Saturday. Things did not start out well for the Colonials against St. Bonaventure. With around 5 minutes left in the first half GW was down 35-17. But by half time they’d closed the gap to 35-26. Then slowly and surely in the second half GW wore down St. Bonaventure.

St. Bonaventure had tossed up one three point after another in the first half but went cold in the second half. GW pulled to a 10 point lead and the game seemed over but St. Bonaventure was able to make it close to the very end. Final was 66-60 for GW.

What I didn’t understand was why the St. Bonaventure coach didn’t call a time out when GW finally over took St. Bonaventure. I don’t think he used them very wisely and he had plenty to use.

No comments: