Sunday, February 01, 2009

Jon Mclaughlin at the Birchmere

On Wednesday I went and saw Jon McLaughlin at the Birchmere in Alexandria.

The Birchmere is a very cool place. There are two areas where you can see concerts. One is huge bar where you stand for the performance. The other is a sit down area where you can have dinner and then watch the show.

Jon McLaughlin was in the area where you had dinner.

I went with my friend from work Lisa. In fact she gone with me to all three times we've seen him. This is also the third time Jon's been in the DC area in the past seven months. I have to assume that his label feels he does well in this area.

The food was very good. I had a hamburger and then a brownie with ice cream. The brownie cost about as much as the burger.

The opening act was called Parachute. I liked them. I got there five song EP.

Then Jon came out. He was as always great. I didn't bring any sort of a camera because the Birchmere site said you couldn't. But people had them all over the place. The one thing that was said was no flash photography. I'm glad I didn't bring one. I could have used my phone but I just wanted to sit back and relax and enjoy the show. As I said it was great. It was also different from the one I saw in July. If you ever get a chance to see this guy do so Jon is a great performer.

However, thanks to the YouTube here's one of the songs from the concert:

No comments: