Sunday, December 21, 2008

Off to Springfield

3:00 am on Saturday morning came early. Of course 3 am on any day is early. That's when I was up. The Super Shuttle was scheduled to pick me up around 4:30. I could have slept a little more but I thought it would be better to be up early. The alarm went off. I was good I only hit the snooze button once. Sam gave me a dirty look as if to say what the hell are you doing up so early.

I got up and had breakfast. I did a few more things around the house. I went through and unplugged everything that didn't need to be plugged in. Then I waited for the Super Shuttle.

The shuttle arrived just before 4:30. I was the first person to be picked up. After I got all my luggage in, we were off. We went to pick someone up in North West DC. After getting this person, we did a curious thing. We drove back on the same road we took from my house to get the second person. We drove about 3/4 of the way back to my house. We then fetched person 3. And then what did we do, well we drove back on the same road back to the same neighborhood that person two was in. We must have wasted at least 15 minutes with this back and forth. I have to say I don't understand why there wasn't more logic applied to the order of picking people up. After all the guy had a GPS in the van.

Anyway got to the airport around 5:30 which was in plenty of time for my 7 am flight.

The flight to Dallas was completely full. Not much to report about. No problems. Watched some of the inflight movie Fred Claus. I listened to some music using my noise reducing head phones which are fantastic. I read some of the Washington Post. Got into Dallas on time. I had about 4 hours to kill.

Dallas is a big airport. There's s tram called the Skyway which is a tram that takes you from one terminal to another. I got something to eat and then just waited. There were all sorts of military guys at the airport. I learned later that they'd just finished basic training. This was the leave they had before getting their permanent assignments.

The flight to Springfield was completely full as well. No problems again. Always nice not to have any problems. It took a while for the luggage to show but what they hey.

Ed and my dad picked me up. We went and did some quick shopping for dinner. Then we headed over to Ed's where Jennifer was and talked for awhile. Over to my dad's house where I made dinner with help of course. Ended the rather long day watching some football.

I had a really good night sleep. This morning I woke up and it was 4 degrees out. Brrrr

In one other quick note this is post 1,000 to my blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jason, i hope you have a very merry christmas with your family. sorry we couldn't get together before you left. stay warm and safe!
tom

Jason in DC said...

Hope you are feeling better and have decided on where to go for your Christmas.

Happy a good one!