Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New iMac

I got my new iMac.

Actually it is a refurbished machine but is just like new. I will have pictures up soon.

It arrived on Monday and I took it home yesterday.

I did a podcast with Arthur so I didn't get to setting it up until after 9 last night. I have additional memory which I installed. I set it up and turned it on and nothing happened. I thought I was going to die. I read the instructions on what to do if this happens but nothing seemed to work.

It then occurred to me that maybe the memory had something to do with it. So I put the original memory back in and pressed the on button and hoped for the best. It started up. I'm going to call Apple today and ask what they think the problem might be. I just might not have seated the memory correctly.

Anyway it starts up. It is beautiful. There is a program that helps you transfer all your files and settings from your old computer. It worked like a dream.

So now I moving all the files I need to move off of the old hard drive and the external on to the new hard drive. Mostly I'm just getting things all in one place. This will free up a great deal of space on my external.

Oh technology is so wonderful when it works!

No comments: