Saturday, July 26, 2008

And Now for Something Completely Different

My garbage disposal fell off. Now not just fell off but cracked off as you can see from the picture below.

I'd filled the sink up with dished and water. I was going to let them soak and the do them when I came home from my ride. I get home and wash some of the dishes and decide to let the water out. So I pull out the stopper and all of a sudden instead of the water going down the drain it's going all over the floor. What a mess. I put the stopper back in the drain.

I opened up the cabinets and I see the garbage disposal hanging there. Water is coming out of where it should have been attached to the drain in the sink. So now I have water all over the floor. I try and stop it from going underneath the refrigerator but don't have any luck at that. I get out a mop and start mopping up the water but then wonder where the hell am I going to put it. I go down stars and get a bucket. It turns out I had to move the refrigerator out because some water did get underneath it. I'm running fans now. One in the place where the refrigerator used to be (I moved it out and it now sits in the middle of the kitchen), one drying out the cabinet under the sink and one in the basement because some water got down there.

Wow what a fun filled Saturday afternoon.

I still had some water in the sink. I needed to get rid of that. I decided to detach the garbage disposal from its pipe. I then could move it out of the way and put a bucket underneath the drain. I got the rest of the water out of the sink.

I'm going to go down to Home Depot a little later and see about new garbage disposals and dish washers since I have to replace that too. Maybe I can get one delivery and one installation of both of them.

Right now I'm going to take a little nap to help recover from all the excitement and the ride I did this morning.


No comments: