Sunday, June 01, 2008

My Clothes Don't Fit Anymore

But not in the way clothes normally don't fit.

I bought a great pair of shorts last year. Unfortunately I had to get a 36 inch waist. It was the realization of my ever expanding waist line. I wore the shorts yesterday. I went to the gym in my workout clothes and changed into the shorts after I'd taken my shower. I forgot to bring my belt with me. I discovered that I really needed the belt. I had to keep pulling the shorts up. They kept slipping down over my hips.

It means that the weight I've lost is making my waist smaller. Now of course it would be nice if all the weight would come off my waist but of course things don't work that way. However, it is making a change. I wore a pair of dress pants last week that had become tight over time but now fit just fine.

A couple people at work have mentioned that they've noticed I've lost weight which was very nice of them.

I'm trying to figure out exactly how much I've lost. Since the beginning of March I've lost around 7 pounds. If you go back to January I was around 186 so that's just about 11 pounds.

Like I've said I think the new goal is to get down around 170. Then I need to see if I can maintain that weight. Maybe I can even go a little lower.

It's nice to have my clothes not fit. Not because they are too small but because they are too big.

No comments: