Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Band Wagon

The movie that is. Here's a story about that movie:

Have you ever had the perfect day or the perfect evening? That’s what seeing the movie the Band Wagon was a perfect evening.

It was at least 25 years ago. My parents were in DC for a visit. One evening we had dinner at Swenson's Ice Cream (remember them, remember a Coit Tower yum yum) and of course had ice cream for dessert.

We then went to the Circle Theater which was on Pennsylvania Avenue at I believe 22nd Street. It was a revival house. They showed old movies.

The night we went they were showing the Band Wagon. I'd seen it there a couple times before and new my parents would enjoy seeing it. And enjoyed it they did. Actually they loved it. My dad said it was great to see it on a big screen. He said he hadn't seen The Band Wagon on a big screen since it had first come out. My mom said she enjoyed seeing the dancing and one of the actors in the movie, James Mitchell, was on her favorite soap opera All My Children.

It was as I said a perfect evening. A memory I will always cherish.

Here’s a great article of appreciation on Cyd Charisse from the Post.

1 comment:

Arthur Schenck said...

Blog posts about memories are among the best, I think. Thanks for sharing!