Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Why do things just suddenly happen

I've been thinking about this lately because of a bunch of things that out of the blue just happened.

What happened to make the manhole cover get blown off on Friday. I guess sewer gas built up and kaboom.

It reminds me of something that happened last night. I woke up last night to go to the bathroom. I went back to bed and tried to get back to sleep. I had the window by my bed open. The blinds were down. There been a breeze for most of the night but all of a sudden the blinds were vibrating. When they vibrate they make a really obnoxious noise. It went on for ten minutes or so. I almost got up and closed the window. Each time I was about to that the blinds stopped making the noise. Eventually they stopped and I was able to go back to sleep.

Something similar has happened with my toilet. Sometime but of course not all the time after you flush it will just continue to run even after the tank has filled up. If you flush it again it will fill up fine and stop. Like I said some times when you flush for the first time it will continue to run but other times it will work just fine.

Makes you wonder why all of a sudden things stat doing things like that. I’m sure with the blinds the wind came at a slightly different direction or has picked up just a little. The toilet is a mystery to me.

One more thing comes to mind. When all of a sudden something falls off a shelf. Something that’s been on the self for maybe days, weeks or even months. Then all of a sudden it just falls off the self. Usually when this happens it’s something when it falls to the floor makes a mess. It’s always a jar of something or a can that’s lid is not on tight and instant mess.

Or if a lid falls off the counter how come it always seems the side with stuff on it hits the floor. Instantly making a big mess.

Anyway just some mid-week musings on my part.

No comments: