Saturday, May 10, 2008

Weighty Matters

No not what's going on in the world but the fact that I'm loosing some weight.

Essentially my weight floor has become my weight ceiling. In the past, I've been able to get my weight down to 180 pounds. But I never seemed to be able to get below that. So 180 became my weight floor.

Now, that I've really started watching what I eat and combining that with my personal training sessions and the other physical activity (riding the stationary bike and my road bike) 180 pounds has become my weight ceiling. Today I weighed in at 176. In fact I've been below 180 for the past week.

I accomplished this by taking a good long look at what I eat and cutting out the junk. I used to have a coke with most lunches. I don't do that any more. If I go out to eat I make sure to have water to drink. About once a week I go to Subway for lunch. I don't get the combo meal any more just the sandwich. I usually get the chicken breast sandwich and I make sure not to have any sort of dressing added to it. I also make sure to get wheat bread. A couple of times each week I have cereal for dinner. I have a cup and a half. Later in the evening I have a yogurt.

I'm trying to get a routine down of riding the stationary bike. I want to do it at least once over the weekend and twice during the week. My goal is to ride 40 minutes each time. I haven't perfected the schedule yet but I'm getting close to it.

I'm also back on my road bike. Today I got up early and rode down past Alexandria. The round trip was around 30 miles. I don't know the exact mileage because my computer on the bike stopped working. I'm not sure exactly why. The clock on it is still working. It was rainy when I started the ride so maybe that had something to do with it. I'm not sure. All I know is that when I turned around it stopped working. I'm going to let it dry out and see if it works tomorrow. I'm hoping to get in another ride on Sunday but it depends on how my legs feel. Especially since I did a leg work out with my trainer on Thursday and today rode for 30 miles. My legs might be screaming tomorrow.

I figure I've lost about 7 pounds since the beginning of March. I have to decide how much more I want to loose. I thought a goal of 175 was pretty good but maybe I'll aim for 170. I just wish all the weight would come off my waste but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I'm going to try and do some ab exercises on a regular basis starting on Monday. I hope that will help firm up that section.

I'd say so far so good. Actually very good come to think of it.

3 comments:

lacochran's evil twin said...

Congrats! That is something to be proud of!

Arthur Schenck said...

Congrats! And just so you know, that weight you lost? I think I found it...

Jason in DC said...

Yes, I'm very pleased with my progress. I think I'm going to aim for 170.

Remember Arthur that is better to give then receive. So what you need to do is pass it along to someone else. :-)