Thursday, May 01, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ball Game (a Nationals Game)

Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the Nationals,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.

Well we didn't get any peanuts but we did have the Cracker Jack.

It was a very exciting outing. It was also a very low scoring but very exciting game that went extra innings and only ended in the bottom of the 12th.

This first time I've been to a baseball game in years. I went with two co-workers Lisa and Sue. We had really good seats not that there is really a bad seat in the place. I had a great turkey burger form Ben's Chili Bowl. I had that some fries and a coke for only $17.

All three of us cheered on the Nats. But refrained from chanting: Let's Go Nats. Now you might ask why well if you say the phrase really fast and don't enunciate the last word correctly it sounds like something else. I leave it up to you to figure out what it sounds like. Well at least that's what it sounds like to us.

During one of the periods between innings a feature appeared on the score board entitled: Do you know your Nats? And well all three of us just lost it at that point. We thought it was very funny.

We all had a great time. The stadium is very beautiful and as I said there is not a bad seat in the house. There are of course other issues in regard to the stadium but I'm going to leave that to another post.

In all it was a very fun outing as the following pictures will show.

Here's a link to the coverage in the Post.

I hope to go back to a game soon.

No comments: