Sunday, May 04, 2008

Odds and Ends

Chocolate Yogurt
I bought some of this not too long ago. I'm trying to loose weight and I'm having cereal a couple of times a week for dinner. After the cereal, I have some yogurt. I thought I'd try something a little different and got some chocolate. It was on sale so I figure what could I loose. I mixed it up. I took one taste and thought this really doesn't taste all that good. I tried another spoon and it still tasted funny. I stir it up some more and have another go at it. I then take the container to the sink and throw out the rest. Under no circumstances will I ever get that stuff again. It gave a new definition to the word gross.

The Credit Card Arrives
I finally got the replacement card on Tuesday. It took a week and a half to get a new card. As far as I'm concerned that is just way to long. Now consider how long it took to get the new card that I applied for. I applied for that last Saturday afternoon. I have to assume the card was not sent out to me until Monday. I got the new card on Friday. Now that's good service.

Horse Racing
I am reminded yet again why I don't like horse racing by the results of the Kentucky Derby or more to the point what happened afterwards. Sally Jenkins has a very interesting article about horse racing in the Post today. I started loosing interest in horse racing after Ruffian's race with Foolish Pleasure. That was in 1975 and I've been squeamish about watching races ever since. Barbaro just added more sadness. I'm not sure if the sport should be banned or not. It is just a very sad event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate yogurt! What were you thinking anyways?