Saturday, May 17, 2008

Morning Bike Ride

Here are some pictures from my morning bike ride. I went about 30 miles. I don't know the exact distance because my odometer isn't working. The clock works but nothing else. I'll have to get a new one soon.

This was a much nicer day than last Saturday. No rain. As you can tell just bright sunshine. I started riding around 6:45. About 45 minutes earlier then I'd planned. It meant that the bike path was pretty much deserted. It got a little busy on the way back. Lots of groups hitting the path. Several running groups and at least three bike groups.

I rode to a place called Bell Haven. It is a little south of Alexandria. I rode a little further than I did last week but not much. I wasn't sure how long my legs would last. I'd had a killer legs work out on Thursday. I didn't want to run out of gas and not have the strength in my legs to get back home.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow so probably no ride.

I need to work on riding into work a couple of days a week. I don't think I'll be doing that until after Memorial Day.

So far the rides have gone very well. No problems. The only thing I need to do is get the odometer. I'm hoping to do that in the next week or so.







No comments: