Saturday, May 24, 2008

Front Flowers Flourish

The roses in front continue to bloom out of control.

The yellow rose "bush" (I put it in quotes because it's more like a rose tree) has so many blossoms it is touching the ground. It will continue to bloom for the rest of the year. In fact I've had blossoms as late as December. The red bush will only have this one group of flowers and then just have leaves for the rest of the year.

I've put plants in all of my flower boxes. I've decided to cut back this year. Usually I put three flowers in each of the boxes. By the end of the season they are crowding each other out. This year there are only two per box. I got a couple more Geraniums for the front garden. I'm going to fill that in slowly in the next couple of weeks. I still have to dig up the Hyacinth bulbs. I've got about a third of them done. I was going to due more but I had a pesky bug that would not leave me alone so I gave up for the day.





No comments: