Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dishwasher Dilemma

I have a dishwasher dilemma.

The thing is the dishwasher does not work. In fact it has not worked for about half a year or more. The reason I haven't replaced it is because I really don't use it all that much.

Last June Ed and Jennifer came out for a visit. I ran the dishwasher three times while they were here. That just about equaled the number of times I'd run it for the entire year up to that point. I just don't use it. I find it much easier to just wash the dishes in the sink. It can take me up to a week to fill the dishwasher up.

But I'm starting to think it might be nice to have one. Every once in a while it would be great to just load the thing up and run it. It would be nice not to have to wash dishes every day. The problem is they are not all that cheap. Then there's the added cost of having it installed. I think it will probably cost about $500 to get one and have it installed. I'm not so sure I want to spend that much money on something I probably won't use more than once a month.

And that's my dishwasher dilemma.

No comments: