Monday, May 19, 2008

Back to the Movies

Yes, I'm going back to the movies. I'm thinking this summer might turn out to be the same as last at least to where it comes to seeing movies. I saw like 5 or 6 in as many weeks.

This year I've seen two so far and there look like there's a good crop to see.

The first movie I saw was Iron Man. I saw it at the Uptown which is the largest movie screen in DC. The theater was built, I believe, in the 1930s. The screen is huge and the screen curves. It was a great place to see Iron Man. Actually it is a great place to see just about any movie. I thought the movie was great. A little different from the other comic book movies. The characters were actually developed. There were also some very humorous moments too. I did see the movie at night so I paid $10.

The second movie I saw was The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. I saw the 11:15 am show yesterday. There was in fact a 9:15 am show as well. The bargain matinee was $8.25. I think that's up a quarter from last year. I saw it in Silver Spring. I like this one too. In fact I thought it was better than the first Narnia movie.

So what's left to see? Well of course what will probably be the biggest movie of the summer opens on Thursday: Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls. I'm not sure I'll see it on the opening weekend because just about everyone will want to see it then. I believe it will be playing at the Uptown. If so, I definitely want to see it there.

I'm going to a couple of cookouts over the weekend so I might take the weekend off. Then again there's always Monday.

No comments: