Saturday, May 31, 2008

175.5 Pounds

I'm almost there. Almost there to my goal of being 175 pounds. I think I'm doing really well at reaching it. It probably won't happen for a couple more weeks. I know I only have a pound to go but at my office in the next week we'll be celebrating two people's birthdays. We also celebrated one this week. It means lots of unhealthy food to eat. I'm not going to not eat but I'm going to not eat too much (well that's the idea anyway). That might be a tall order.

With the goal so close I think I'm going to have to change it. I think getting down to 170 or close to it is the next goal. But I still need to be eating. That's especially true now that I'm working out so much. My trainer reminded me of that. He said some people can sabotage there progress because they don't eat enough calories to reflect the new condition of their body. I found this out when I was training for the AIDS Rides. I seemed always to be hungry and I was eating more food because of all the training rides I was doing. The problem was that once the ride happened I didn't cut back on what I was eating and so I gained weight.

I'm trying to think of the last time I weighed so little and it is a good five years or more. I think 170 is a good new goal or as close to it as possible. I will really start concentrating on that after next week passes. Who knows if I'm careful and don't pig out too much I might stay right around 175.

In other news, my trainer is out next week. He's going to Spain. So I'm on my own with working out. I'll probably do a greatest hits routine. I'll take something from the last few workouts that we've done. I can't match the pace that Randy sets for me but I'm going to try and get as close as possible to it.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and go for a 40 mile bike ride. I fixed the odometer. The wire to the computer was loose. It looked like it was connected but I guess it wasn't pushed all the way in. I found this out when I was filling the tires with air last weekend. I moved the bike in just the right way that the wire came completely off the computer. I just stuck it back in and it was all set.

I was going to go on the ride today but it is supposed to rain later in the day. Also my next door neighbor had a party last night and I was not able to get to sleep as early as I wanted to. So I'm just as glad I decided to go on Sunday.

I have to say that overall I'm very pleased with the progress that I am making. Having a trainer makes such an incredible difference. I know I'm in much better shape then when I started this at the end of January. I actually have muscles in my arms that you can see!

No comments: