Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Jesmond Hotel in London

This is the front door to the Jesmond Hotel.

I loved this place. It was just a wonderful place to stay. You couldn't ask for a more central location. Easy access to the British Museum and the theater district and Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus and Covent Garden. Goodge Street tube stop was a little over a block. away.

Yet at the same time it was far enough away so that it was completely surrounded by all the activity going on in London. I really enjoyed the walking back after a show. The theater district would be teaming with people and slowly the crowds would diminish. By the time I got to the Jesmond there were few people on the street. It was a great way to unwind from the day and to think about all the things I'd seen and done for the day.







































The breakfast and lounge area. The computer was off to the right.

















My seat was the far table. The chair with its back toward us. It was a nice place to sit because I to talk to people as they made breakfast. I usually had cereal, toast (brown toast to be exact) and a couple of scrambled eggs. I usually take a banana with me. I could have had a full English Breakfast but that was just too much to eat in the morning.









































These are a couple of pictures of my room. It was small but it was clean. It had its own bathroom. The bed was very comfortable; the mattress was actually firm. It was a great home away from home. I can hardly wait to go back.

















The wonderful host at the Jesmond Hotel Glyn Beynon.

1 comment:

debra said...

I agree with your comments about The Jesmond. I had an enjoyable stay there last September for one week. it looks like room 7 which was my room, small but comfortable and the bathroom was very clean and fresh. The fireplace took up a lot of space in the room but I found it useful to put things on. Glyn was a good host and cooks a very good breakfast. I hope to stay there again later this year when i am in London again.
debra