Monday, March 10, 2008

London Planning

Now that I'm finally feeling better I'm actually doing planning for the London trip. It is two and a half weeks away.

I bought some of my theater tickets last night on-line. I have the Lord of the Rings, The 39 Steps and The Lion King. I'm still working on Mamma Mia. The ticket for The Lion King I printed at home. Well not at home. I went to a web page and downloaded a PDF of the ticket. The only problem is the page size is larger than 8 1/2 by 11. So I had to print the file at work on legal size paper.

I got a tip from someone at work who stayed in Bath for a semester in college. He suggested that I to to a place call Bradford on Avon. He says it is a great little town to visit. A Saxon church that dates back to the first millennium. It is a little west of Bath. It looks like a very interesting place. The plane would be to take the train out to Bradford and then work my way back to Bath. I need to get a better sense of when the trains head out that way and how long it takes to get there.

I'm also starting to get things together to start packing. I have to look at my suit cases. I'm thinking I may get a new one. The one soft side is very old. The one with wheels I don't think is large enough. So it will be off to the new Target again sometime this weekend to see what they have.

No comments: