Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Concert, Part II

Here's a list of the songs Annie Lennox sung. (You can find such great things on the internet.)

1. No More I Love You’s
2. Little Bird
3. Broken Glass
4. Pavement Cracks
5. Smithereens

Annie solo at piano:

6. Here Comes the Rain
7. A Thousand Beautiful Things
8. Sisters are Doin’ It For Themselves (joined by back up vocalists) Annie directed the audience to sing along.

Band Returns:

9. Cold
10. There Must Be an Angel
11. Ghost in My Machine
12. When The Morning Comes
13. Thorn in My Side
14. Sweet Dreams

Encore:

15. SING
16. Why

This is the third time I've seen her. I saw her four years ago when she toured and then in 1989 when she toured supporting the We Two Are One album of the Eurythmics.

This concert was outstanding. She was in great voice throughout the show. I think she has some of the most expressive gestures that I've seen from an artist. They are ballet like.

I think she is genuinely surprised from the response that she gets from the audience.

The song Sing is about AIDS in South Africa and what needs to be done to help the stop the spread of it. Before she sang why she talked about that and what democracy means to her. I thought it was interesting that she said I'm not talking against anyone I'm just expressing how I feel. They were very appropriate and heart felt words.

She opened and closed with my two favorite songs and who could ask for more.

No comments: