Sunday, June 03, 2007

Garden progress








I planted my last plant a few weeks ago. At least that is the promise that I've made to myself. Although one of the potted plants on the front step looks like it might not be much longer for this world so that might change.

I've started to mulch my front yard. I bought four bags of the stuff yesterday. I have maybe half of the yard done. I got pine bark. I kept the bags in the trunk. I wasn't going to lay it out in the morning because it was too hot yesterday. I did it in the evening. Boy did my car smell. I'm assuming the smell will still be there today when I go off and do camcorder shopping.

I'm glad I did this. There was just enough lawn that you had to take care of it and that's been a pain. The push mower I bought I tried to adjust the level of where it cut the grass. I followed the instructions to lower the blades. But I think English was like a third or fourth language for the people who wrote the instructions. Now after I stop pushing the mower the blades just spin. So I've been using my wed whacker but that really doesn't work all that well. So this is working out really well. It will also let me plant more flowers in the front.

No comments: