Monday, January 22, 2007

Power returns

I just got off the phone with my dad and his power came back on around 5 today. So a week and a couple of days and things are back to normal. Well at least one hopes. They all plan to stay in the motel tonight. In part because they have already paid for the room. Also they want the house to warm up which will probably take awhile. Most importantly they don't want to give up the room and have the power go out again.

It seems that the tree trimmers have been out around my brother and sister-in-laws today. That probably means the electrical people will be by tomorrow sometime.

Glad they are finally out of the deep freeze.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jason, do you read your comments? it's been 2 weekends since we tried to catch up. sorry. i think new orleans is in a accelerated time vortex. making up for the months and months we were missing. can there be any other explanation?

i didn't think so.

let's try to catch up soon. glad your family has their power back. what a saga!

tom

Jason in DC said...

Yes, I do read comments. :-)

My brother is going to send me pictures that I will post. It still sounds like a huge mess. The clean up has just begun.