Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year

Ok I'm a little late but HAPY NEW YEAR anyway.

I had a really great time out in Missouri seeing my family.

The Springfield ballet put on a production of the Nutcracker. This was the first time they had live music with it. The Springfield Symphony played. There wasn't enough room for everyone in the pit. So fit everyone some of the boxes were taken up with performers. The harp and piano were in one box and the percussion instruments were in the other. Before the show we went out for a gret dinner. Eating did seem to be the theme of things but then again it is the holidays.

I'm very glad I didn't have to go anywhere near Denver and that the storm went north of Springfield. I remeber one year we went out there before Christmas. December 23 it strarted snowing and it snowed and snowed. My flight went to St. Louis and then on to DC. My parents had a direct flight to Chicago. I got to St. Louis and the storm only got worse. We sat in the plane for hours. Finally we got out of St. Louis and I eneded up getting to DC on Christmas day.

But that was not the case this time. In fact the weather was pretty nice.

The presents from New Zealand went over very well. The most important thing was that the sweater for my sister-in-law fit her. I was worried about that one.

That's all for right now. Much more to come. And I'm going to switch over to the new blogger soon. First I have to build a TV stand so I can put my new HDTV on it.

More about that too.

Once again: HAPPY NEW YEAR

No comments: