Saturday, September 30, 2006

May I have your zip code please

May I have your zip code please.

You don’t need it I politely replied. I was then asked for it again. Again I had to say you don’t need it. I don’t understand the reason for giving someone my zip code when I’m purchasing something at a store. I happened to be in Old Navy but Bed, Bath and Beyond or is it Linens and Things (I can never keep them straight) does the same thing. After nicely saying for a second time no, I got attitude from the clerk for the rest of the transaction. She asked if I was paying by credit card and then said I need to see some ID. She had to scan the card twice and was abrupt with me when asking for it again. Now she wasn’t out right rude but her attitude definitely changed after I wouldn’t give her my zip code. I know this is to track where people come from, but, if I’m paying with a credit card which a great number of people do, they have that number and my zip code too much information as far as I’m concerned.

However, something good was accomplished by going to the store. Ending up there was by pure chance. See I’d bought cat food to make sure Sam would have enough when I was away on my trip. Well, Wednesday night I open up the new bag so I could pour what little cat food was left from the old bag into the new one. I take one look at the food and realize it’s the wrong food. So I needed to find a Petsmart or some such pet store to get the right food this time. It so happened that an Old Navy was in the same shopping mall.

I got the right food this time. I got another 20 pound bag so now I have 40 pounds of cat food but the smaller bag was only 3 bucks less than the big one. Sam should have enough food to last him into the middle of next year.

After getting the food, I went into Old Navy. Looking for the elusive casual long sleeve shirt that was neither ugly or too expensive. And guess what they had them. I tried on several. One that I really like had two front pockets both with buttons. The better to store important stuff in. It was brown. When I tried it on it fit really well but the brown well the brown was sort of the color and it kinda made me look like I was wearing . . . well you can fill in the rest. I ended up getting two. One is solid blue and the other is striped. One stripe is a light green the other a light blue.

Next it was on to Target to find travel size items and a zip lock bag. Since the ban was lifted on liquids, I can now bring some mouth wash and tooth paste on the 20 hour plane ride. I had a zip lock bag but alas it was too large. I’d used zip lock bags when I did the AIDS Rides but they were either a quart and a half or two quart bags and the TSA is only allowing quart size bags. I didn’t find the bags or the travel size items. But there was a Giant Food store there and I was able to get the zip lock bags at least.

And that was my adventure is shopping.

May I have your . . .

No comments: