Monday, September 04, 2006

Getting started

So I'm joining the blog bandwagon. Actually I'm doing this so when I go to New Zealand I can easily share my adventures with my friends and family from half way across the globe. I can give a few details of what I've been doing and post some pictures. It can also serve as my diary for what happens. I leave on October 4 and will be heading back to the US on October 26. So it is less than 5 weeks away. YEAH!!

Here are some cool links to places I'm thinking of visiting and a few things I'm going to do.

One is the Auckland bridge climb http://www.ajhackett.co.nz/index.php/pi_pageid/26.

Another is this http://www.sailnewzealand.co.nz/default.asp?pageId=10&site=sailnz which has to be one of the cooler things I'm thinking of doing. I'd love to do the match race.

I also want to do a sky dive. My original idea was to do it on the South Island by one of the glaciers but that might not happen now. Three weeks seems like a long time but there is just sooo much to do that I may be staying on the North Island only.

Other potenial activties include a balloon ride and other interesting things to do http://www.hellsgate.co.nz/Home/Home_IDL=2_IDT=591_ID=3568_.html.

Someone at worked asked if I was going to bungy jump off the bridge. I said I'd much rather jump out of a plane. With my luck I'd get the cord that was 51 feet long on a 50 foot drop. I also don't think I'd like the bouncing up and down like a yo-yo. And jumping out of a plane takes longer. And the views much better. Here's a couple of pictures from the a sky dive I did last June in Virginia.


No comments: