Saturday, September 09, 2006

3 1/2 weeks to go

It’s only 3 1/2 weeks to go until the big trip to New Zealand!!!!

I talked to my friend down there on Thursday. We’re tying to settle up what we are going to do. Covering less ground means will have more time for the ground we decided to cover. So the South Island is probably out but the road trip to Wellington is on. The idea is to drive down the west coast seeing Hamliton for sure and then playing it by ear as to where else we might go but eventually ending up in Wellington. Then heading back to Auckland on the east coast. Someone at work said that there were several beautiful beaches at Napier. We’d also hit Taupo and Rotorua on the way back.

I got a revised itinerary from American in the mail today. It list total flying times and the flight from JFK to Auckland with a stop in Tahiti is 20 hours and 25 minutes.

Hope the battery on my iPod can last that long.

I still have to do some research on places to go to especially in Wellington. Not that we'd go to all the places I research but I think it's helpful to have some big attractions to head for. Then usually along the way there's something you always stumble into that turns out to be really cool.

Went to a volunteer appreciation party at Food and Friends today. It was very fun. Several people from Thursday night, which is the night I volunteer, were there. It was nice for change not to have to be chopping veggies. The food was very good too.

No comments: